Last week I promised that I would follow up my article on the 7 cons of Facebook with a list of pros. So without further ado let’s jump right into the 6 pros of being on Facebook.
1. It is a great way to share your faith.
I know that we all have obnoxious Facebook friends who fuss and fight about religion, but don’t let their bad behavior keep you from lovingly (and creatively) sharing your faith in God. We should be unashamed of the Gospel in every arena of our lives.
2. It is a great way to stay connected with friends and family.
Especially those loved ones who live far away. I have spent the majority of my life living a long distance from family. Facebook is a wonderful way to stay involved and up to date.
3. It is a great way stay connected with other churches and ministries.
I always look forward to scrolling through my newsfeed on Sunday evening to see all the wonderful reports of what God has done in other churches.
4. It is a powerful forum for inviting people to your church.
You can and should invite people to your church via Facebook. You’d be surprised how many people will accept your invitation.
5. It is a good way to gauge someone’s spiritual health.
Church leaders can often gauge someone’s spiritual health by observing how they operate on social media. I have been saddened many times to find out that an individual who seemed like a sincere Christian at church portrayed a very different persona on Facebook.
6. It can be a source of edification and inspiration.
Now certainly Facebook can be the exact opposite of edifying and inspiring, but if used correctly it can be uplifting. I regularly come across articles and posts that support me spiritually.